Sunday, January 28, 2007

Nikki sees some snow!!!!

We finally got snow!

We woke up last Wednesday morning and it was like there was a white blanket over the city. London had an inch of snow overnight, and everything was covered, and the trees were all white. It looked stunning. Damo has seen snow plenty of times before, but never seen it in a city - he thought it was very cool.

Nikki on the other hand had never seen snow, and it was an awesome experience for her.

On her way to work she made snowballs and saw kids having a snowball fight and sliding in it, and she wanted to join in.... :-)

*Nikki speaking* Along my walk this morning from our flat to the station, I grabbed handfuls of snow and just played with it. I never thought it would feel like powder and be so soft.. I found myself wanting to start playing in it and joining in the snow fights with the kids but I was running late for work and had to remain in control and like I was cool and had seen snow before... 'no big deal'. Deep down though..it brought a smile on my face. (if it snows again, the gloves are off and snowball fights are on with the neighbourhood kids!) *end Nikki speaking*

Damo woke up with a bout of food poisoning, so couldn't go to work that day. It was bizarre - we had one night with an inch of snow, and it had melted by lunchtime, but we haven't had any since.

We keep waking up hoping for it, but there hasn't been any more since.



The view out of our dining room window


The tree out the front of our house

Our street....

No comments: